Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh, What a Day, What a Day... Still Learning Who I Am.

Just a little frustrated.  Last month I did find additional information on my maternal Great Grandmother, Alice McCoy (see last blog entry).  I found her in the 1900 census married to a man by the name of Robert Hopkins.  Since there is no 1890 census, I have to jump to 1880, attempting to find her living with her parents Thomas McCoy and Eliza Marshall.  Per her obituary her and her parents were born in Owenton, KY, but for the life of me I cannot locate them in the 1870 or 1880 census.  

I've found something awhile ago that was a death certificate of a Mrs. Eliza McCoy, but the age seemed a bit off.  It listed no parents so I couldn't confirm the maiden name or even her husband's name, just that she was widowed.  Why are these people hiding from me???

No comments: